Reliably reloading configuration?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 10 22:12:17 UTC 2015

On 12/10/2015 01:33 PM, Steve Weigold wrote:

> First, is anyone else noticing a failure of list messages to come
> through in the last 12-24 hours?

Not here. I've seen everything in the archive at
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2015-December/thread.html>

> I sent a follow up to my score
> modifications email which didn't come through, and I see by looking at
> the list archive that Jerry Benton responded with a suggestion of
> restarting SpamAssassin which didn't come through either.  :-/

I saw them.

> In any case, I'm finding that my problem was less about finding where to
> put score modifications and other custom rules, and apparently more
> about reliably reloading the configuration for SpamAssassin.   I've been
> fighting this all day and I'm finding that the problem seems to be that
> even with restarts, SpamAssassin doesn't seem to be reliably re-reading
> the configuration.

Are you running sa-compile? Did you see my reply at
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2015-December/102815.html>?

Your post at
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2015-December/102814.html>
implies you are using compiled rules. Thus, any time you modify rules
you have to run sa-compile.