Bunch of issues with installing MailScanner on Ubuntu LTS 10.04 (reply to Craig and Markus)

Markus Nilsson markus at markusoft.se
Mon Aug 8 15:43:26 IST 2011

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----

There is one newer package for debian:
http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2011-March/097689.html

However, no-one has yet stepped in to maintain the debian packaging.

> > Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:02:58 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Markus Nilsson<markus at markusoft.se>
> > Subject: Re: Bunch of issues with installing MailScanner on Ubuntu
> > LTS
> > 	10.04
> >
> > Hi Martijn
> >
> > Relating the directory permissions, maybe you need to review your
> > configuration settings for the work dirs? See the well-commented
> > configuration file under the section
> >
> > #
> > # Incoming Work Dir Settings
> > # --------------------------
> > #
> >
> > I'm guessing you want something like:
> > Incoming Work User = postfix
> > Incoming Work Group = postfix
> > Incoming Work Permissions = 0660
> >
> > Also check what group your clam scanner is using, so that is
> > configured with the same group!
> > (I.e if the clamd group is clamav, the group above should be clamav
> > instead!)
> >

> > /Markus
> I have reviews the settings, they currently are:
>
> Incoming Work User =
> Incoming Work Group = clamav
> Incoming Work Permissions = 640
>
> So, user is empty. I believe that means that it defaults to the 'Run
> As
> User' value.
> Clamav is actually working as the clamav user in de clamav group.

And what is your Run As User and Run As Group values?

If the Run As Group value is postfix, maybe clamav will need to be added to this group.
adduser clamav postfix

I have a different setup for my servers, with a unique group for the quarantine, to which I have added the required users.

Just to make sure :) The folders do exist, right? Maybe show the output from
ls -l /var/spool/MailScanner

/Markus