Julian, [SA-SPAM] and the lovely AWL

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 31 19:41:15 IST 2005

Are you using the bogus anti-virus warnings ruleset for SpamAssassin? If
so, mail from me will tend to be detected as spam as the patterns just
look for "mailscanner" in the From: address. There are a whole load of
rules to zero out, they are
score VIRUS_WARNING15   0
score VIRUS_WARNING28   0
score VIRUS_WARNING33   0
score VIRUS_WARNING62   0
score VIRUS_WARNING66   0
score VIRUS_WARNING226  0
score VIRUS_WARNING250  0
score VIRUS_WARNING300  0
score VIRUS_WARNING326  0
score VIRUS_WARNING339  0
score VIRUS_WARNING340  0

The AWL files used by MailScanner's SpamAssassin should be in
~root/.spamassassin if you are running MailScanner as root. If not, then
insert the appropriate username. They should be with your bayes files.

Julian Field