Outstanding feature/fix requests?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Mar 6 19:28:50 GMT 2005

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
>>> - Stop Spam checks (Spam Assassin) as soon as High Score is reached
>>> (e.g.
>>> if number of Spam Lists is larger than "Spam Lists To Reach High
>>> Score").
>>> This is a fine tune of "Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List".
>>

>> Possible. Don't do SpamAsassin if spam lists >= spam lists to reach high
>> score. Check SpamAssassin If Spam Lists Cause High Score. These
>> configuration options keep getting longer and longer names :(
>

> About virus scanning:
>
> But, can you make virus scanning as a option? This is what many iof our
> customers asked. I know its why you actually made MailScanner, but when
> running it for a copuple of thousand domains there are always a couple
> that dont want virus scanning. But do want spam checks...
>
> Its ok if you scan them all, but just throw away the results ;)

The problem is handling a message with more than 1 recipient. If any of
them want it to be scanned, it gets scanned. The results are attached to
the message, not the recipient. So throwing away the results gives you a
message where no-one got it scanned.

Putting a ruleset on "Virus Scanning =" will do as much of a good job of
it as possible.

--
Julian Field