[OT] sendmail equivalent of zmailer's MaxSameIpSource ??

paddy paddy at PANICI.NET
Thu Dec 30 15:12:26 GMT 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 02:56:40PM +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> Look in CustomConfig.pm for the IPBlock stuff. It's all there, ready to
> roll. There's even the associated cron job there for tidying up the
> database.

Thanks Julian, but it's before that :(

These connections don't seem to progress beyond RCPT, so it's neither
a mailscanner issue, nor something mailscanner can help with, hence [OT].

I'm aware of MaxDaemonChildren and will be setting that anyway, but
something along the lines of MaxSameIPsource would be really nice.
I don't think I can even use a milter, this sendmail is too old.

So this is just a ping off the list

1) In case I've missed an obvious way of doing this
2) to share the experience - I've not noticed this pattern before, and
it is a potential nuisance and possibly spam or malware related.

Whatabout some more general OS level connection limiting, anyone?
linux-2.2, can I squeeze this out of the firewalling or something ?

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall