Release from quarantine

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Fri Aug 8 14:22:22 IST 2003

Being able to release a quarantined message using a GUI will be an
immensely helpful tool.

While the "attachment" feature that Julian added has been a big success
with our users, I've been thinking a bit about how to handle spam and
the interaction of the recipient with an overworked help desk. Rolling
out MailScanner and SpamAssassin can be an interesting experience for a
help desk.  Often (unfortunately) the end users are not properly
prepared for the results of virus and spam filtering.

The new report message options Julian has added will definitely reduce
the number of "confused" recipients, but in a perfect world, the spam
delivery process might work something like this: