How do you people handle spam from Google lists etc?

yuwang yuwang at cs.fsu.edu
Fri Apr 12 12:59:12 UTC 2019

Have you looked up owners/locations of the IP addresses that sent those
spams? Did they really come from google's servers? Google's SPF is
soft-fail (why they didn't go with hard-fail is puzzling) so none google
servers can send emails out as @googlegroups.com. If the real spammer is
from azovwave.com, you can block/blacklist sender's IP(s).

> googlegroups.com

Non-authoritative answer:
googlegroups.com        text = "v=spf1 redirect=_spf.google.com"

> _dmarc.googlegroups.com

Non-authoritative answer:
_dmarc.googlegroups.com text = "v=DMARC1\; p=none\;
rua=mailto:mailauth-reports at google.com"

> _spf.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
_spf.google.com text = "v=spf1 include:_netblocks.google.com
include:_netblocks2.google.com include:_netblocks3.google.com ~all"

James