Scanned Modify Subject

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 23 03:55:42 UTC 2018

On 11/21/18 8:22 AM, Richard Mealing wrote:

> Jules rightly says the email client adds the RE tag to the subject so I
> can't see a way around this behaviour. Now I have this set in a ruleset
> I can't see how mailscanner could search for the domain in the rules
> file, then search every email for that domains subject header for the
> tag I set inside the rules file. I personally think it would cause a lot
> of extra load, unless someone could figure out a better way? I can't.

It should really be straightforward. Assuming prepending, the current
code knows exactly what string it is going to prepend to the subject and
looks for that string at the beginning of the existing subject and does
the addition if it's not found.

All it needs to do instead is look for the string anywhere in the
subject or maybe use a regexp to look for
/^((RE|AW|SV|VS|FW|FWD): *)*the_string/i