Question about MailScanner.conf

Wed Sep 20 18:53:29 UTC 2017

    Yes I have been following the list, I had it happen this last update
myself.

Thanks! I'll try that next time I have time to change around my
configuration

on my vps. Since I'm lazy it sounds like I'll be setting the custom
configuration

options in conf.d and keep any variable  defined settings in
MailScanner.conf

since those will be easier to put back  if the install script fails to
preserve/backup.

    And one more question, would it be possible to add a CHANGED file in the

MailScanner-version.tar.gz listing all the added/changed options to
MailScanner.conf

per version.  When using configuration management tools to deploy
configurations

I first have to run the update script on a test system . Then compare
the new

MailScanner.conf to the old one. Make the changes to the configuration
template(s)

that gets deployed to the system(s). If I knew what has been
added/changed to

the main configuration file per version before running the install
script, it would

be easier to know what to change in the configuration template(s) I'm
using to

deploy the MailScanner configuration to different systems.