Mailscanner 5.0.6-4 ant port 25 not listening
Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Mon Sep 4 10:35:30 UTC 2017
On Monday 04 September 2017 at 12:29:05, Marek Górny wrote:
> I have a MailScanner 5.0.6-4 with postfix 3.2.0 on OpenSUSE Leap 42.3
> Problem is when I disable postfix service and run mailscanner service then
> port 25 not listening (telnet localhost 25 Connection refused) I have to
> start postfix service (systemctl start postfix.service) to listen on port
> 25. What i've done wrong, I may have missed something?
Nothing is wrong. This is completely normal.
MailScanner makes no attempt to speak (or listen to) SMTP; this was one of the
The way the system works is:
1. MTA (Postfix in your case) listens for incoming mail on SMTP port 25
2. Any received mail is placed in a queue directory (not delivered)
3. MailScanner monitors the queue directory and processes anything it finds
4. Acceptable mail is moved by MailScanner to a different queue directory
5. A second postfix instance delivers mail from the second queue directory to
the intended recipients (internal or external, as the case may be)
I hope that helps,
"Life is just a lot better if you feel you're having 10 [small] wins a day
rather than a [big] win every 10 years or so."
- Chris Hadfield, former skiing (and ski racing) instructor
Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
More information about the MailScanner