SA complaints

Conz Conz at B0x.nl
Wed Nov 15 11:51:36 UTC 2017

I'm not too familiar with OpenSUSE but it kinda sounds like a perl or
(selinux style) permission issue ?

What happens if you run 'perldoc -l Mail::SpamAssassin' as root and as the
user MS runs at ?
Do you by chance have multiple perl versions installed ?
Can you post the output of 'MailScanner -V'  ? (should list perl versions)

The Processing.db error is due to the line above where it can't find
DBD::SQLite and not file permissions, basically this all seems to be 1
problem where it cannot find your perl modules.

-
Arjan

Verzonden: dinsdag 14 november 2017 10:13
Aan: MailScanner Discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Onderwerp: SA complaints

Hi,
On openSUSE Leap 42.3 with MailScanner 5.0.6 , Postfix 3.2.0, SA 3.4.1 and
perl 5.18.2 I have error:

You want to use SpamAssassin but have not installed it. at
/usr/share/MailScanner/perl/MailScanner/SA.pm line 170.
I will run without SpamAssassin for now, you will not detect much spam until
you install SpamAssassin. at /usr/share/MailScanner/perl/MailScanner/SA.pm
line 171.
WARNING: You are trying to use the Processing Attempts Database but your DBI
and/or DBD::SQLite Perl modules are not properly installed! at
/usr/sbin/MailScanner line 1745.
ERROR: Could not connect to SQLite database
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Processing.db, either I cannot write to that
location or your SQLite installation is screwed. at /usr/sbin/MailScanner
line 1756.
Using locktype = posix

spamassassin -D -lint looks fine to me

rights to Processing.db file:
-rw------- 1 postfix postfix 4096 Nov 13 15:18
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/Processing.db

DBI and SQLite version:
perl-DBI-1.628-8.11.x86_64
perl-DBD-SQLite-1.50-3.11.x86_64

Any advice, please ?