Rebuilding - no spam score.

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 11:49:30 UTC 2017

Hi all, happy Friday!

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've noticed on occasion some emails just get through our scanners with no score at all.
When checking mailwatch I can see in the SA Score is just says 'Rebuilding'.

A while ago I disabled Bayes as it was causing too many problems. I am filtering 100's of domains, so I find it difficult to make it work properly (tips welcome).

I noticed in the maillog that MailScanner rebuilt Bayes just before this message ID, so I have now changed -

Rebuild Bayes Every = 7200

To this -

Rebuild Bayes Every = 0

I think this has fixed it, but I am not 100% sure. I haven't seen a problem since making this change.

Why does MailScanner let the email through without SA scoring it? Maybe it is because I disabled Bayes, but likely there is a code problem.
I am running this on FreeBSD, so since there are no new builds that work with my OS, I am using 4.85.2.

Thanks,
Rich