Names in subject

Danita Zanre danita at caledonia.net
Fri Jan 6 18:31:41 UTC 2017

Perfect!  There is a lot of “real” mail that puts names in the subjects (mostly newsletters and such), but I’ve seen a lot of names in parentheses lately, and I don’t think they are EVER real.  I’ll play with scoring to see what works best.

Thanks so much!

Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
Tel: (720) 319-7530 - Caledonia Network Consulting
Tel: (720) 319-8240 - Move Out of the Office

On January 6, 2017 at 10:50:22 AM, Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net) wrote:

On 01/06/2017 07:50 AM, Danita Zanre wrote:

> header NAME_IN_SUBJECT Subject =~ /\(danita|james|joe\)/
>
> I specifically only want the rule to act on those with the parentheses
> in the subject - I don’t think my rule is working.

Your regex probably should be /\((danita|james|joe)\)/i to match either
'danita' or 'james' or 'joe' inside parens, case insensitively. What you
have will match '(danita' or 'james' or 'joe)' case sensitively. I.e.,
danita needs the open paren but not a close, joe needs the closing paren
but not the open and james needs no parens.