exim 4.88 named queue feature

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sat Jan 7 17:09:05 UTC 2017

Hello,

exim 4.88 features this change:
 5. Facility for named queues:  A command-line argument can specify
    the queue name for a queue operation, and an ACL modifier can set
    the queue to be used for a message.  A $queue_name variable gives
    visibility.

I think/hope that should make it possible to simplify mailscanner
integration, doing away with the need for two exim processes, by making
exim put all regular incoming messages in an alternative queue
(acl_not_smtp/acl_smtp_mail set queue = tobescanned) and letting the
normal queue runner deliver the clean messages.

(I am not a mailscanner user myself, just wanted to provide a pointer.)

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'