Upgrade Wrecks MailScanner

Daniel Malmgren daniel at kolefors.se
Fri Oct 14 06:16:14 UTC 2016

Oh. Never noticed this directory. Indeed it contains some files from
/etc. Seems like something in the upgrade isn't doing it's job though,
at least on my server, because it doesn't contain any CustomFunctions.

Here are the contents of my ms_upgrade directory:

.
├── saved.21185
│   └── etc
│       ├── default
│       │   └── mailscanner
│       └── MailScanner
│           └── reports
│               └── reports
│                   ├── en
│                   │   ├── deleted.content.message.txt
│                   │   ├── deleted.filename.message.txt
│                   │   ├── deleted.size.message.txt
│                   │   ├── deleted.virus.message.txt
│                   │   ├── disinfected.report.txt
│                   │   ├── inline.sig.html
│                   │   ├── inline.sig.txt
│                   │   ├── inline.spam.warning.txt
│                   │   ├── inline.warning.html
│                   │   ├── inline.warning.txt
│                   │   ├── languages.conf
│                   │   ├── recipient.mcp.report.txt
│                   │   ├── recipient.spam.report.txt
│                   │   ├── rejection.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.content.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.error.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.filename.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.mcp.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.size.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.spam.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.spam.sa.report.txt
│                   │   ├── sender.virus.report.txt
│                   │   ├── stored.content.message.txt
│                   │   ├── stored.filename.message.txt
│                   │   ├── stored.size.message.txt
│                   │   └── stored.virus.message.txt
│                   └── se
[...]
│                       ├── stored.filename.message.txt.bak
│                       ├── stored.size.message.txt
│                       └── stored.virus.message.txt
└── saved.21322
     └── etc
         └── MailScanner
             ├── MailScanner.conf.dist