Upgrade Wrecks MailScanner

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Wed Oct 12 20:10:14 UTC 2016

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you so much for this file.  I put it up under the /etc/init.d directory, and named it "MailScanner", but I do not know how to register it as a service, nor what permissions it should have, or even what name it actually should be.  However, I just fired it up manually, and it only starts the "mailscanner" service, and not the sendmail service.  So I am in the same place for now, and that is, MailScanner is not scanning email.

Any help is most appreciated.  Thank you!
Paul Scott