Upgrade Wrecks MailScanner

Wolfgang Baudler wbaudler at gb.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:49:37 UTC 2016

> MailScanner restarted with process id 13361
> [root at mail MailScanner]#
>
> So I just need to know how to get sendmail and MailScanner to start up
> properly, the way they used to, and I should be back in business.
>
> Thank you so much for all of your help!  Much appreciated!
>
> Sincerely, Paul Scott

I have posted a startup script for sendmail for use with MailScanner 5.x
to the list before. Here it is again. It works for me (on RHEL6).

This really should be included with MailScanner in a contrib area (and
mentioned in the README, documentation etc) or sendmail users will
struggle, like it happened when you upgraded to 5.x

Wolfgang