ot a bit: sendmail and TO mx not found

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Tue Sep 2 13:39:13 IST 2014

If the primary MX does not resolve , sendmail will not try a lesser MX
record, because the best option is unresolvable, so it will return the
message after checking and appending any search parameters given in
/etc/resolv.conf.

This behaviour is by design, and you are trying to fix a problem which
is inherently not yours to solve.

If the primary MX does not resolve : The domain is broken - so why try
and work around that?