Mailscanner loops stops processing emails.

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Tue May 20 15:48:15 IST 2014

OK, I will give that a go.

I've changed in mailscanner - Maximum Processing Attempts = 0
And now I've changed this in clamd.conf -

SelfCheck 3600

It was set to 10 minutes and I think it just restarts itself, then mailscanner cannot find the socket and starts complaining. I'll give it more time and see if the errors persist.

Since disabling the processing attempts I see no mail looping (Yay). From reading an old thread from Julian, it is off by default. I don't really understand what it does.

Thanks,
Rich