MailScanner won't run ...

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sun Mar 10 20:35:41 GMT 2013

Hi --

Bingo! Yes, I did enable that postfix option because of (http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#enable_long_queue_ids):

| The benefit of non-repeating names is simpler logfile analysis and easier
| queue migration (there is no need to run "postsuper" to change queue file
| names that don't match their message file inode number).

And that helped me numerous times in logfile analysis. Thus, I am very much hesitant to revert that option!

> I think it would be best to make a note of this in the MailScanner Wiki to disable the option.

ACK!

> Enabling this option causes Postfix not to use unique message ID's

No, if I am not mistaken: they *are* unique!

> which can cause problems when using software like Baruwa or Mailwatch.

I do not use that software. But I would like to stick to "enable_long_queue_ids = yes". Thus, I would rather prefer an option in MailScanner.conf that would deal with this option in postfixÄ main.cf instead! (BTW: http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#enable_long_queue_ids might help in making that regex more specific.)

With kind regards,
Michael