ScamNailer

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 23 20:12:51 IST 2013

On 07/22/2013 08:36 AM, Richard Mealing wrote:

> I’m trying to implement ScamNailer and I’m using the perl script to
> download the ScamNailer.cf file into my spamassassin directory.

First of all, see the thread that begins
at<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2013-June/100789.html>
and particularly, the patch in the post at
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2013-June/100822.html>.

Otherwise you will be working with old data.

> On that file I can see lots of rules included with a score at the very
> bottom. I’m just wondering if I have to add a line to the “SpamAssassin
> Rule Actions” directive or can I leave spamassassin to deal with the scores?

The bottom has a score for the rule 'SCAMNAILER'. The score is not
important, but you need a 'SpamAssassin Rule Actions' rule or ruleset
for it. See the documentation in MailScanner.conf around line 2551
starting with "# This next setting is very powerful."

In my case, I have

SpamAssassin Rule Actions = %rules-dir%/spamassassin_rule_actions.rules

and for the default rule I have

FromOrTo:	default	SCAMNAILER=>store,not-deliver,forward
user+phish at example.com,header "X-GPC-MailScanner-Originally-To: _TO_"

which will store the message in quarantine, not deliver it, forward it
to user+phish at example.com and add the header
the forwarded message.