ubuntu 12.10 install

Scott B. Anderson sbanderson at impromed.com
Tue Jan 29 18:55:42 GMT 2013

I installed Mailscanner and --lint shows it to be working just fine on Ubuntu 12.10 except that it isn't hooking into my optional MTA sendmail, installed from the official apt-get sources.  I would learn postfix but I have a large sendmail configuration to port and negative work hours available to switch.  I am in need of help with finding documentation on how to get MailScanner to 'hook' into Sendmail on Ubuntu.  I've Googled quite a bit but apparently the terms Ubuntu, sendmail and mailscanner  don't return useful information.  It generally returns links to how to set it up with postfix.    If anyone who has done this with a recent version of Ubuntu could point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful.

Scott Anderson
IT Administrator
Sbanderson at impromed.com

ImproMed LLC