ubuntu 12.10 install

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Tue Jan 29 19:12:34 GMT 2013

I haven't tried using it on Ubuntu, but on both CentOS and SUSE all I had to do was stop the sendmail daemon, make sure it's set to not start at boot, then set the /etc/init.d/MailScanner script to start at boot.  The MailScanner script will handle starting and stopping sendmail.

I think you stop a daemon in Ubuntu similar to Redhat/Centos - i.e. "service sendmail stop|start|status"  and use update-rc.d to enable/disable boot time options.

HTH...

 ...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.