files in SpamAssassin-Temp

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:52:56 IST 2012

Hi Steve,

I've been trying to figure out what permissions I should have set on my incoming queue dir. I'm running mailscanner as root and I upgraded to the latest version, but since then I am getting errors with tnef and there are lots of tnef files in my queue dir /var/spool/mqueue.in

I have this set on my machine -

Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue.in
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue
Incoming Work Dir = /tmpfs
Incoming Work User = clamav
Incoming Work Group = clamav
Incoming Work Permissions = 0640

Since upgrading to version MailScanner-4.84.5_2 I'm seeing all of this -

/var/spool/mqueue.in]# ls -l
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 26 13:17 tnefz8dqx2
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 26 11:36 tnefzAiQ6p
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 27 09:51 tnefzEgotO
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 25 15:36 tnefzJmcCy
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 27 08:57 tnefzQN8Zj
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 27 09:43 tnefzbhK9B
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 25 15:09 tnefzetMGb
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 27 08:55 tnefzlNtXu
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 26 06:21 tnefzmadvg
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 25 16:25 tnefzuKuOS
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 26 13:19 tnefzv4NmM
drwx------  2 root  wheel      512 Apr 26 14:19 tnefzwrjOI

/var/spool]# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x  676 root   wheel     121344 Apr 27 11:47 mqueue.in

Not sure what's happening at the moment but I'm still playing with the permissions. I just keep seeing Clamd::ERROR:: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR :: ./q3RAbE8r059638/tnefZqlqTE etc etc.

I've always used the tnef expander program with maxsize=100000000

I think the only difference between us if you don't use tmpfs.?

Rich