MailWatch / MailScanner issue

Jeremy McSpadden jeremy at fluxlabs.net
Wed Apr 4 16:26:13 IST 2012

Is recommend baruwa over mailwatch.

--
Jeremy McSpadden

On Apr 4, 2012, at 10:25 AM, "Sampson, Aaron" <Sampson at p2sol.com<mailto:Sampson at p2sol.com>> wrote:

I am running Mail Scanner 4.84.5 with postfix, spam assassin and clamd.  Everything was working fine until I added Mail watch.  I followed the mail watch install guide that I found online and changed the permissions that is instructed.  My problem is that when I send out a test e-mail it gets stuck in the postfix/hold folder and Processing causing a looping error that just sends me e-mails to quarantine stating that the e-mail has been moved there due to it attempting to kill Mail Scanner, which causes another e-mail to go out to alert me (postmaster) which gets stuck and the process is repeated.  This is a test box so has luck has it I have not messed up a live environment but I am wanting to set this up so that it will be easier for us to view the quarantine e-mails and release any back to the end user.  I know that mail watch and mail scanner are supposed to work very well together and I am almost certain that it is a permission issue somewhere.  Can anyone offer a suggestion or maybe a better forum for me to post to get this problem solved?

Aaron Sampson
IT Department