taint errors again -U not working anymore

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:32:26 IST 2011

2011/10/26 Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>

> On 26 October 2011 10:52, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > duh not mailwatch but mailscanner ofcourse
> > I am using baruwa as frontend not mailwatch, I migrated away from that
> one
> > due to the lack of signs of life from that project.
> >
> > Rob
>
> I'm sure that Andrew K wuold pipe up if Baruwa needs the same
> permssion mods as Mailwatch did/does.

He did, and pretty fast and constructive as usual. kudos for him

> If you can access the messages
> from inside baruwa (I'm still trying to find enough time to actually
> evaluate baruwa...:-), you're probably fine (look at the message
> proper, release messages from quarantine etc... If Baruwa actually
> suppirts that:-).

Yup it does support, that and in a very smooth and polished way if I may say
so.
As far as I can tell baruwa does everything mailwatch can and a bit more.
The features of baruwa are slowly increasing and bugs are being patched.
The fact that baruwa is still maintained is the primary reason for me to
dump mailwatch in favor of baruwa.
Baruwa documentation is also a lot better than mailwatch documentation. (not
a very big challenge I admit)

> MailWatch may be rather dead as a project, but the code still hums
> nicely on my boxes. Since the demise of Mandriva (yeah, a bit exotic,
> I know) I'm in the very slow process of moving to CentOS 6 as a VA,
> with MS based on the Baruwa/EPEL repos for pretty much the same
> reasons though:-)... but initially, I plan on "dual logging", just to
> evaluate things.

I've got mailwatch humming on a sles box as well, but since novell/sless
licenses are insanely difficult to obtain due to bureaucracy in this company
we are switching to ubuntu LTS.
After baruwa holds up for some weeks that sles machine will get reinstalled
with ubuntu and baruwa.