Not Catching Spams and Config

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 06:23:25 IST 2011

You may find 3 a bit low to tag at, I use 5

Also deleting above 10 is a good idea as this pretty much spam

On Monday, 10 October 2011, Mike's List <mikelist at leawood.com> wrote:
> Thank you Markus, I setup .procmailrc for client-side filtering.
> Manually deleting some spams isn't that bad...leaving the global "store"
> feature for now.
>

> ## SpamAssassin start
> #
> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> | /usr/bin/spamc
>
> :0:
> spam-folder
>
> ## SpamAssassin end
>

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, Markus Nilsson wrote:
>
>> Yes as you see in the headers below, the mail has been classified as
spam:

>> Either configure your mail client to put mails with the x-spam-status
header in a spam folder, or handle it with actions in MS.

>> Setting mails with scoring > 3 to delete, is in my opinion *very*
aggressive

>> The options you have now is reasonable (maybe a too low Required score),
just configure your client to handle the header and you should be fine!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

certain senders that are using DKIM.

>> > If you check the scoring, you see that DKIM gives a (close to) 0
result.

>> > DKIM_SIGNED 0.10
>> > DKIM_VALID -0.10
>> > DKIM_VALID_AU -0.10
>> >
>> > I'd guess that your MS setting for scoring is not correctly set, what
does your options

>> > Required SpamAssassin Score =
>> > High SpamAssassin Score =
>> > Spam Actions =
>> > High Scoring Spam Actions =
>> > Non Spam Actions =
>> >
>> > say?
>> >
>> > /Markus
>> >

>_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>> _

b=TVBqyP5jfRrp1f5hxil8Dmyz5n5d6WFoeiI/33/3N/8+NJXy9uKfEdJBLqplEsykz
>> >       BvGivaUFmcXyTP1eprjGHcWBLeKcdxfxwe9uHQh3hlqP9mxqQkcnj8RoU5Une/B
>> >      s=gamma; d=usmortgagehelper.com;
>> >      h=To:From;

b=CwjXvg9wNQhJ4hhquqk+9iYNi8RvvejnDQx7DAp8/UwUYjeudyDovC2eVW1vpRrGU
>> >      uKSNCL3cffKOWrM1XsQ/97JRsyHNwFlw2M69JQdReaxiFwBxY5aJS0ZAkmY/tUO;
>> > X-ORG-MailSc

Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK