Releasing emails from quarantine with sendmail

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 17:15:27 IST 2011

One way to solve this is to not scan mail originating from 127.0.0.1 and
then just use sendmail to re-inject the message. As it's from localhost,
MailScanner will ignore it once you put that rule in place.

On 29/03/2011 19:31, Eduardo Casarero wrote:
> Hi everybody, does anyone know if it is possible to "release" an email
> and queue it in the sendmail outbound queue without being processed by
> MailScanner? I want to avoid MS because it generates a duplicated
> record in the DB. We used Mailwatch release method for some time and
> then a custom script to feed the released email to sendmail, but both
> options makes the email to be reprocesed by MS.
>
> I searched and read about sendmails options, but i coudnt find
> anything usefull. ¿How does MScanner send HAM emails to recipients?
> copying df* and qf* to the outbound queue and firing a sendmail
> process to deliver that particular email?
>
> Any comment/idea would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eduardo.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner? Contact me!

Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM

believed to be clean.