Releasing emails from quarantine with sendmail

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 30 15:10:57 IST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Ken A <ka at pacific.net> wrote:
> Set MailScanner to quarantine as whole queue files and then just /bin/cp
> them to the outbound queue to release them.

You may need to fake the Message-ID header to get around Exchange
duplicate message protection (if you use Exchange), otherwise the
original (technically resent) message will be discarded. I insert the
sha1 hash of the df-file there.

H??Message-ID: <353001cbee50$f9913ab0$a10ea8c0 at home>

Becomes:

H??Message-ID: <sha1 hash here at home>

I have a script for easy handling of this.

/peter