update_bad_phishing sites script error

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Mar 17 19:58:38 GMT 2011

Hi there --

I don't know if this issue has been discussed already, if it has sorry about the
repeat. Anyway, we have the the several mailscanner scripts
running at regular intervals on our sendmail server. One the scripts,
update_bad_phishing_sites, has been reporting the a series or errors.
These errors include the following:

Unable to retrieve http://www.mailscanner.tv/.2011-114 :500 Can't connect to
www.mailscanner.tv:80 (connect: timeout)
Failed to retrieve http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.1 at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/update_bad_phishing_sites line 198.
Failed to retrieve http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.2 at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/update_bad_phishing_sites line 198.
Failed to retrieve http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.3 at
/opt/MailScanner/bin/update_bad_phishing_sites line 198.

These errors are then followed by the messages shown below:

Unable to open base file
(/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache//2011-114)
Reading status from /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/status
Checking that /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache/2011-113
exists... ok
Checking that /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate/cache/2011-113.36
exists... no - resetting..... ok
I am working with: Current: 2011-114 - 68 and Status: 2011-113 - -1
This is base update
Update required
Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.1
Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.2
Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.3
Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.4
Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.5
Retrieving http://www.mailscanner.tv/2011-114.6

So it appears the problem occurs initially, and then corrects itself. This just
started happening yesterday early afternoon.
The version of MailScanner that is currently running on the server is the
4.82.6-1 release.

Do I need to upgrade MailScanner to version 4.83.3-1 in order to correct this
issue, or is there another means to fix this?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.