Disabling antivirus

Ryan Ivey iveymr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:52:12 IST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Sandro Dentella
<sandro.dentella at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently having problems with my postfix+mailscanner installation that
> has worked fine up to yesterday. As I think probelms are in the antivirus I
> wanted to get rid of it momentarily so I set
>
>   Virus Scanning = no
>

> and restarted Mailserver. I still fine in the log:
>
> Jun  8 12:40:22 mail MailScanner[4343]: Virus and Content Scanning:
> Starting
> Jun  8 12:40:24 mail MailScanner[4343]: Requeue: 188BE246072.ABE45 to
> B81D22460E7
> Jun  8 12:40:24 mail postfix/qmgr[27742]: B81D22460E7: from=<
> sandro at e-den.it>, size=618, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> Jun  8 12:40:24 mail MailScanner[4343]: Uninfected: Delivered 1 messages
>
> So, how should I do to really disable virus scanning (even thought now it
> seems it's working correctly...)
>
> TIA
>
> sandro
> *:-)

What's the output of MailScanner --lint?   You should be able to set it 'no'
and check w/out restarting MailScanner.  With it set to 'no'  --lint will
produce output without the 'infected' message on the test file (eicar)
because it won't call your virus scanner.  Get in the habit of lint'ing
after every change to your config before restarting, it'll save you some
headaches.

HTH,

Ryan Ivey

Linux Administrator