Problem Messages e-mail message appearing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 28 02:09:39 GMT 2011

On 12/27/2011 11:26 AM, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, and sorry about the delay in getting back to you.
> I went ahead, and deleted the Processing.db file, and the periodic messages,
> are no longer appearing.
>
> I had a follow-up question: If there is another message that causes problems
> in the future, will a new Processing.db file be automatically created in place
> of that which was removed from the directory?

The processing database (Processing.db) file is in constant use by
MailScanner. It was recreated with the first message that arrived after
you removed it. Normally, messages are entered into the processing
database and removed after being processed by MailScanner. It's only
when MailScanner has difficulty with a message that it gets left in the
database and reported.