Problem with Fedora 14

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:09:32 IST 2011

On 4 April 2011 09:11, Eli Wapniarski <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for responding.... Its unlikely that I will be switching  Centos.
> Besides, I've been using MailScanner with Fedora for years. The output that
> you've requested is as follows
>
> Thanks again for any help you can provide.
>
> Eli
>
> MailScanner --lint
(snip)
> Found these virus scanners installed: clamav
> Assertion ((svtype)((_svi)->sv_flags & 0xff)) >= SVt_PV failed: file "Df.c",
> line 44 at
> /usr/local/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Filesys/Df.pm
> line 39.

(snip)
Well, you have a very obvious error there.... I'm sure someone will
tellyou why this happens, but in the meantime, why not try switch to
using the much more efficient clamd scanner (as per the advice in the
wiki)?
For testing purposes, try switchng off virus scanning and see if that
helps and if so... go for clamd and see how that sits.
Other things would be to check why you get that error in Filesys::Df,
and what it tries to do on that particular line. It might be easily
fixed:-). I have a nagging feeling a search of the archives might help
you there;).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn