Problem with Fedora 14

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 4 09:16:51 IST 2011

Thanks for that Glenn... I did try to switch of Virus Scanning. It
didn't help.

As noted in a previous response, I managed to fix the problem.... It
was somekind of foul up with perl-Filesys-Df. Things seem to be
working now.

I will take a look at your advice regarding clamd.

Thanks Again

Eli

Quoting Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com>:

> On 4 April 2011 09:11, Eli Wapniarski <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks for responding.... Its unlikely that I will be switching  Centos.
>> Besides, I've been using MailScanner with Fedora for years. The output that
>> you've requested is as follows
>>
>> Thanks again for any help you can provide.
>>
>> Eli
>>
>> MailScanner --lint
> (snip)
>> Found these virus scanners installed: clamav
>> Assertion ((svtype)((_svi)->sv_flags & 0xff)) >= SVt_PV failed: file "Df.c",
>> line 44 at
>> /usr/local/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Filesys/Df.pm
>> line 39.
>>
> (snip)
> Well, you have a very obvious error there.... I'm sure someone will
> tellyou why this happens, but in the meantime, why not try switch to
> using the much more efficient clamd scanner (as per the advice in the
> wiki)?
> For testing purposes, try switchng off virus scanning and see if that
> helps and if so... go for clamd and see how that sits.
> Other things would be to check why you get that error in Filesys::Df,
> and what it tries to do on that particular line. It might be easily
> fixed:-). I have a nagging feeling a search of the archives might help
> you there;).
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.