Spam-Virus scoring not working any more for me

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 06:24:43 IST 2010

Hi Hugo,

--- On Wed, 22/9/10, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org>
> Subject: Re: Spam-Virus scoring not working any more for me
> To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> On 21/09/10 09:24, Michael Mansour
> wrote:
>
> > The only difference I see between the:
> > Spam-Virus Header
> > entry and the:
> > header MS_FOUND_SPAMVIRUS
> > entry is the ":" at the end of the "Spam-Virus Header"
> in MailScanner.conf
> >
> > But again, I know this worked fine for months, a
> couple of months ago.
>
> Please considere that the factthat it did work in the past
> was in effect
> a bug and the curent situation is the correct one.
>
> The first obvious step is to get rid of the : in your conf
> file.

Having tested this now, I can say that the removal of the ":" did not affect it. These "infections":

Clamd: message was infected: INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.on9mail_com.UNOFFICIAL(b296e7ae61a7c8480c7219a4e2a27390:1916)

still get blocked when I want them scored.

Anything else I can check/trouble-shoot? is there a debug in MailScanner I can run through to see why the spam-virus isn't scored and instead blocked?

Thanks.

Michael.