The Exchange takeover, stealth Mailscanner, SPF, and other thoughts. Subj was: Re: help me

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Tue Oct 19 14:00:07 IST 2010

  On 19/10/2010 13:43, Nigel Kendrick wrote:

> Reply below

Obviously they have cash to burn, and the BT "cloud" they are selling at
8M/832k is based on the ANCIENT ipstream technology which forms the
original ADSL1.0 offering in the UK 10 years ago.  Your LLU services are
based on ADSL2+ so you are going to be taking a HUGE step backwards and
paying handsomely for the "privilege".

I very much hope they are fluent in punjabi-english and don't want
anything done properly or quickly, because when you need a change you'll
be speaking to someone on the sub continent who doesn't even know where
London is.

This is a laughable, and its usually based on some empire-building moron
stacking up responsibility in his own office at the companies expense
and at the expense of performance and progress....

Time to leave...  as your counterparts shovel £50 notes on the fire to
keep warm....