Bitdefender AntiSpam: worth a try?

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Mon Nov 15 22:05:33 GMT 2010

On Nov 15, 2010, at 4:08 PM, Denis Beauchemin wrote:

> Le 2010-11-15 15:50, Kevin Miller a écrit :
>> Taking just a quick glance at it, I see it runs as a milter in Sendmail.  As such, it would be called before MailScanner so integration wouldn't make sense in that case.  I'm not sure about the other MTA configurations, since I'm not running them and didn't look.
>> Are you just trying to use the antivirus part?  If it has a command line option then it could probably be integrated using the custom scanner featrue in MailScanner.  But it looks like it's trying to be a full featured anti-spam/anti-virus package.  I.e., it's more a replacement for MailScanner rather than an augmentation to it.
>> Again though, my thoughts are based on a 5 minute glance at the web page, so I could be missing the bigger picture...
>>
>> ...Kevin
>> --
>> Kevin Miller                Registered Linux User No: 307357
>> CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Admin., Mail Admin.
>> 155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
>> Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

We'll probably be looking at adding support for the Daemon into BarricadeMX. It's pretty simple to add any virus scanner that can run as a daemon into BarricadeMX.

I'll post progress on the port and our testing of BitDefender. I'm sure the list will be happy to hear any of your impressions and test results..

Thanks,

Steve
--
Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com
202 595-7760 ext: 601
www.fsl.com
The most accurate and cost effective anti-spam solutions available