Bitdefender AntiSpam: worth a try?

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Nov 15 20:50:41 GMT 2010

Taking just a quick glance at it, I see it runs as a milter in Sendmail.  As such, it would be called before MailScanner so integration wouldn't make sense in that case.  I'm not sure about the other MTA configurations, since I'm not running them and didn't look.

Are you just trying to use the antivirus part?  If it has a command line option then it could probably be integrated using the custom scanner featrue in MailScanner.  But it looks like it's trying to be a full featured anti-spam/anti-virus package.  I.e., it's more a replacement for MailScanner rather than an augmentation to it.

Again though, my thoughts are based on a 5 minute glance at the web page, so I could be missing the bigger picture...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500