Bitdefender AntiSpam: worth a try?

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:17:20 GMT 2010

>Hi,
>
>It looks like Bitdefender just released a free AntiSpam engine for mail
>servers (Linux-based):
>http://www.bitdefender.com/business/antispam-for-mail-servers.html
>
>Anyone tried it yet? If so, could it complement MailScanner?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Denis

I downloaded and installed it but MailScanner doesn't seem to support
this version yet in the virus.scanners.conf and the wrapper script.

It seems to have some potential goodness since it runs as a daemon.
I am using an old version of McAffee that is End-Of-Life on Dec 31 2010.
It's terrible taking 3-6 seconds to start and load defs for each batch.

Dave