10 years of MailScanner

Gerard Cleary gcle at smcaus.com.au
Mon Mar 15 02:48:24 GMT 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:53:48 Julian Field wrote:
> MailScanner is just about to reach its 10th anniversary.
>
> Yes, believe it or not, I took on this crazy idea 10 years ago! How time
> flies.

Hi Julian,

Happy 10th birthday to MailScanner.

Its a compliment to you and the MailScanner software that users are so
passionate and enthusiastic about it after all those years.

MailScanner is great for newbie mail administrators because its default
configurations just work. Its also a godsend for highly experienced
administrators because there are so many configuration options that allow them
to customise their mail system to the nth degree.
Finally, the extra bonus that comes with MailScanner (and much better than
steak knives!) is the wonderful support available on the MailScanner mailing
list. Its easily the most active mailling list that I subscribe to and I have
learned a huge amount since I started looking after a Linux mail server about
8 years ago.

Thank you again for making me look so good in my job of mail administrator.

Gerard.
--

Gerard Cleary
SMC Systems Administration