10 years of MailScanner

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Mar 12 17:23:43 GMT 2010

Julian Field wrote:
> MailScanner is just about to reach its 10th anniversary.
>
> Yes, believe it or not, I took on this crazy idea 10 years ago! How
> time flies.
>
> We are planning a big news release and celebration here at work to
> commemorate this.
>
> What I need from you guys are some comments and "sound bites" saying
> what you think of MailScanner, what  you like about it, why you use
> it.
> I'm looking for a real variety of comments from all over the world,
> East and West, big sites and small, so if you've got something to say
> then I want to hear it!
>
> So get commenting folks!
>
> Many thanks,

Wow, 10 years.  Congratulations!  MailScanner is an incredible asset to me.  I watch the spamassassin mailing list and often see queries for help and think to myself 'Oh, simple, in MailScanner just - oh wait.  They're just using spamassasin, not MailScanner.'  It adds such flexibility to managing email that it almost boggles the mind.

And the features keep coming!  With every release there's some new functionality that scratches someone's itch but coupled with excellent comments in the config file and the sane defaults it isn't hard to tune it to one's own environment.

I can't imagine running an antispam/virus gateway without it...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500