10 years of MailScanner

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:36:17 GMT 2010

I have been using mailscanner for two years or so. Before it I always
thought about using spamassassin but always thought it to be a bit
more annoying to setup that I would like to. But, with mailscanner,
things changed. I can set that up in less than 10 minutes and have it
not only doing spam checking but also virus detection. In my book that
is nice.

But, it did not stop it: mailscanner allows me to pick more means of
processing spam- and virus-filled emails that I would care to. And
does that smoothly. And updates rather nicely. All I have to do
nowadays is keep an eye for the ever diminishing list of misplaced
emails.

The support I have here, even with spamassassin and postfix issues, is
amazing. In all honesty, I do not think there is a similar product, be
it commercial or not, that delivers the quality and effectiveness of
mailscanner.