Broken Perl modules, apache wont start now

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Mar 5 21:31:14 GMT 2010

Johnny Stork wrote on Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:05:22 -0800:

> /usr/sbin/httpd: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.so:
> undefined symbol: ap_get_server_banner

Stop using that ServerUtil thingy and you are up again. httpd has no need for
perl at all.

> Nobody ever responded to my earlier questions and issues with the fsl
> repo

Well, I think you should hire someone who can handle these and other issues.
Looking at your site I sure expect you to handle these simple issues by yourself
instead of relying on a mailing list. If I were your customer I'd be surprised
about your mails. To say it mildly.

Kai