Broken Perl modules, apache wont start now

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Fri Mar 5 17:30:11 GMT 2010

On 05/03/10 17:05, Johnny Stork wrote:
> I know this is an issue with the fsl-beta and their repo

Actually - it isn't anything to do with using the fsl-beta repo at all:

> /usr/sbin/httpd: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.so:
> undefined symbol: ap_get_server_banner

The beta repo does not contain mod_perl or any Perl based Apache
utilities at all.  Nor does it install any modules in /usr/lib/perl5.

I suspect you have added additional yum repositories (as per the ticket
you quote) that have provided a newer mod_perl that has caused your issue.

Regards,
Steve.