Broken Perl modules, apache wont start now

Johnny Stork lists at openenterprise.ca
Sat Mar 6 05:26:05 GMT 2010

On 10-03-05 01:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Johnny Stork wrote on Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:05:22 -0800:
>

>> /usr/sbin/httpd: symbol lookup error:
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.so:
>> undefined symbol: ap_get_server_banner
>>
> Stop using that ServerUtil thingy and you are up again. httpd has no need for
> perl at all.
>

>> Nobody ever responded to my earlier questions and issues with the fsl
>> repo
>>
> Well, I think you should hire someone who can handle these and other issues.
> Looking at your site I sure expect you to handle these simple issues by yourself
> instead of relying on a mailing list. If I were your customer I'd be surprised
> about your mails. To say it mildly.
>
> Kai

Or maybe someone was overloaded with other work/projects/responsibilites
and was trying to find the quickest solution possible without having to
get pulled away from the other work. Possibly the mailing list would
avoid having to debug and lose time on the other, more important tasks?

Nah, I am just an idiot and a clueless moron pretending to have Linux or
open-source skills.

When you make assumptions.....well I am sure you know the rest

--

Johnny Stork
Child of the Universe

Home: www.johnnystork.ca