RBL's

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Jun 10 12:03:41 IST 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 11:00 +0100, Peter Farrow wrote:

> I have no problems with Sorbs, used it for many years processing
> millions of emails a month.

Indeed, except millions per day.

> The rule to the sender is, if you're listed on SORBS or any other
> blacklist its very real and its for a reason.

The OP's IP was checked in SORBS (ok, not likely  the ones he's upset
about being listed) and no listing was found, it was however found in
another RBL,  the backscatter list.

> I have had no problems telling blacklisted senders how to unlist
> themselves, its pretty simple and fairly
>
> black and white, if you want to email my clients: SORBS is one the
> blacklists you must not be on.

*nods*

> There are no excuses here, and SORBS is a good blacklist,  if you have
> trouble with SORBS it generally means your
>
> clients senders are on crappy ISPs that need to sort themselves out or
> start taking spam seriously

*nods* most of the time the listing with SORBS is because X sent spam to
a spamtrap address, and given the above mentioned factor, thats likely
to happen more often than not with a certain posters server(s).

Cheers
n.