RBL's

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Jun 10 11:00:36 IST 2010

I have no problems with Sorbs, used it for many years processing
millions of emails a month.

The rule to the sender is, if you're listed on SORBS or any other
blacklist its very real and its for a reason.

I have had no problems telling blacklisted senders how to unlist
themselves, its pretty simple and fairly

black and white, if you want to email my clients: SORBS is one the
blacklists you must not be on.

If they are on it, it becomes a revenue opportunity to help them get off
of it.  Usually its one of the following:

1)They have sent spam and been caught red handed either because they
have a weak server config or they actually send spam
2)They are on a dynamic IP which was used for spam before, which is the
fault of the ISP for letting it happen
3)Their servers ISP they relay through is blacklisted, because it sent
lots of spam and the ISP did nothing about it.

There are no excuses here, and SORBS is a good blacklist,  if you have
trouble with SORBS it generally means your

clients senders are on crappy ISPs that need to sort themselves out or
start taking spam seriously

Pete

--
horizontal ruler