Off Topic: Caching Bind Server Freezing

Gottschalk, David dgottsc at emory.edu
Wed Jan 27 20:09:57 GMT 2010

No firewall blocking going on. Lookups to the local server freeze entirely, I have not checked when this happened if remote looks ups still worked or not. I have to kill named when this occurs as it will not voluntarily restart. I even did a strace on named, and there is no activity.

Doesn't appear to be a lot of network resources in use when it freezes.

David Gottschalk
UTS Email team
david.gottschalk at emory.edu<mailto:david.gottschalk at emory.edu>
404.727.9744