Issue with ScamNailer. Unable to DL definitions.

James Hilty jhilty at fit.edu
Thu Aug 26 14:19:20 IST 2010

Yes, yes I can.

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Lyndon Labuschagne
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:08 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Issue with ScamNailer. Unable to DL definitions.

On 26 Aug 2010, at 2:38 PM, James Hilty wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded ScamNailer to test it out with one of our smtp servers, and before I put it into my cron.hourly folder I tried running it once on root. That's when hen I did I got this.

I tried to ping mailscanner.tv, and that went well.  I tried going to mailscanner.tv, and that went fine. But when I tried to go to something like http://www.mailscanner.tv/emails.2010-253.1 that's when I started getting to error messages of 404 not found. Is anyone else getting this issue or is there something I did wrong.

Mind you I made zero changes to the script when I ran it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

not to point out the obvious but can you telnet to www.mailscanner.tv<http://www.mailscanner.tv> on port 80 from the server that needs to do the update?