Blackberry emails

Naz Snidanko nsnidanko at harperpowerproducts.com
Thu Aug 26 17:23:50 IST 2010

Hi Nick,

I implemented the following solution for BES:

1. added *.blackberry.net to spam.whitelist.rules
2. added the following lines to content.scanning.rules:

# BES ETP.DAT files
From:	*.blackberry.net				no
# BES ETP.DAT files
From:	*@*.blackberry.net				no

This should not strip activation files. If you run file -I command
against them they show up as epplication, and are blocked by default.

If your users use Blackberry desktop software to redirect email to their
personal blackberries you would have to make it From and To.

Hope it helps,

Naz Snidanko
Desktop & Network Support
Harper Power Products Inc.